BENEFITS OF FORMING A COMPANY IN THE USA
Did you know that you don’t need to be an American citizen to register a business in the United States? Anybody can do it, and it’s often no harder than it would be for a U.S. citizen. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons entrepreneurs choose to form or expand their businesses in the U.S.
- Limited Liability Corporations (LLC): LLCs are one of the most popular business types in America today, and citizenship is not a requirement to start one. The setup process for an LLC is the same for a foreign national as it is for a US citizen, and is quite simple.
- Pass-Through Taxation: With an LLC, there are no corporate income taxes. This enables business owners to avoid “double taxation” effects caused by paying taxes both as an entity and an individual.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): No Social Security Number, no problem! When it comes to EINs — which allow you to file taxes and hire employees — it doesn’t matter if you live in the U.S. or not.
- Legal and Compliant Revenue Streams: Foreign citizens can’t work in the U.S. unless they have a green card, but they can be a corporate officer or director.
- Small Business Administration Loans: These federally guaranteed loans, with flexible terms and low interest rates, are available to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens alike.
PRIMARY STEPS TO START AN LLC IN AMERICA
Depending on what type of business you open, and in which state, the process could vary a bit. In general though, there is a pretty typical process for starting an LLC in the U.S., and you might be surprised by how simple it can be.
- Select a State: If you’re selling physical goods to a specific location, you may want to start your business in that state. If you will mostly be conducting business from your home country, then you might want to open your LLC in a state that has favorable conditions for foreign owners, like Delaware, Wyoming or Nevada.
- Designate a Registered Agent: If you won’t be physically present in the U.S. to receive important legal documents, you’ll need registered agent service. A registered agent in your state of formation receives these documents in the mail and forwards them to you in your home country (or elsewhere in the U.S.).
- File Your Articles of Organization: Once you prepare and file these documents with your state of formation, your LLC is ready to start doing business!
- Acquire an EIN: Whether you’re from the U.S. or not, you’ll probably need an EIN to operate your business, because it allows you to open bank accounts, pay taxes and hire employees. It’s a simple application process that is the same no matter where you’re from.
Ready to setup company in USA ? You don’t have to jump-start a business but engage with us, we will help you to setup Company for you. Global Link Asia Consulting is a professional team that provide a one-stop-solution which include accounting, taxation, secretarial, and marketing, for you to setup your company in USA. Furthermore, our company registration services packages are like a complete toolkit for you to realize your dream in a hassle-free manner, where you don’t have to worry about the red tapes like business licenses application, company names selection as well as business setup.